What is Microblading?
Also known as Embroidered Brows, 3D Brows, Feathering, Microstroking, Microblade Brows or Hair Stroke Method, Microblading is a method of semi-permanent makeup done with a hand tool instead of a tattoo machine, which simulates natural hair strands flowing in the direction of your own eyebrow hair. It can be used to shape, perfect, or darken, fill in gaps, or add density to the brows. It achieves the look of perfectly shaped natural eyebrows.
About the Process:
Medical grade topical anesthesia will be applied to your eyebrows before and during the treatment to ensure the most comfortable experience possible. Although some people are more sensitive than others, most women report only minor discomfort. Before beginning, Laura will help you choose the right color and will draw the shape, so there are no surprises; you will know the color and shape before she begins the treatment. Typically, your first appointment will last about 2 hours. The price for the treatment includes a complimentary visit 4 to 6 weeks later to perfect the brows, adding more hair strokes as necessary. The second treatment will take approximately one hour.
Prepping for Your Microblade Procedure:
To get the best results, the skin on your eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive and not irritated. In preparation for your microblading appointment:
- For two to three weeks prior, discontinue any Retinol or Vitamin A products.
- Do not have botox, microdermabrasion, facial peels, or electrolysis on the brows.
- For one week prior, discontinue taking vitamin E or fish oil.
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior.
- On the day of the procedure, do not work out or consume any caffeine, aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- Do not have a sunburned face.
I’ve been a client of Laura’s since 2000. Her work is exceptional! Not only does she guarantee that you will be satisfied, she also makes sure you are comfortable throughout the entire visit. Her location is clean and perfectly located for all the Tampa Bay surrounding areas. Thank you Laura.Kelly Moffitt
CALL TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
What to Expect Afterwards:
Immediately after the treatment, your brows will look dark and defined. This is because there is a top layer of pigment just adhering to the surface of the skin. Over the next couple of weeks that pigment will flake off, leaving only what is actually implanted into the skin. When healed, your eyebrows will look 30-50% softer and more natural. During the healing process, you may experience flaking and itching. Sometimes the pigment appears to fade out and back in.
Please don’t judge the results until the brows are fully healed in 4 to 6 weeks. You will be provided with complete after care instructions, but be aware that you won’t be able to shampoo your hair for 48 hours until the skin has closed. Immediately after the treatment, the skin around your brows may be reddish and feel sore for a couple of hours, and tender to the touch for a couple of days.
ABOUT LAURA SHERWOOD, MICROBLADE ARTIST
Laura Sherwood began doing permanent cosmetic makeup in 1992. She founded Advanced Cosmetic Techniques in 1997 and since then has worked full time as a permanent cosmetic makeup and microblading artist. Her knowledge and creative ability are apparent by her skill in applying permanent makeup and microblade eyebrows.
Laura uses only the hand method of applying permanent cosmetic makeup/microblading; no tattoo machine!
Laura has been featured on the Channel 10 Morning Show, Channel 10’s “The Spot” and in Tampa Bay’s Best Magazine. She has many clients from Florida and all over the United States.
- State of Florida Licensed Cosmetologist
- Licensed by the Florida Department of Health
- Patricia Stevens Modeling and Finishing School, South Bend, IN ~ Studies included make-up and color.
- Vogue School of Beauty Culture, South Bend, IN ~ Received cosmetology license, including training in color, skin care, and make-up.
- Perma Derm Academy of Permanent Make-up, Huntington Beach, CA ~ Trained with permanent make-up artists from all over the world.
- Advanced permanent make-up training with Annette Walker, Gadsen, AL ~ Nationally known permanent make-up artist who has appeared on several major TV shows.
- Perfect Appearance School of Permanent Make-up,Tampa, FL ~ Studied state-of-the-art techniques with an award-winning artist.